Dr Villanova is pleased to announce her new Manhattan practice location in the office of longtime friend and colleague Loren Fishman MD. One of the nation’s top Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation physicians, Dr Fishman is the author of 11 books and 100 studies. He studied with BKS Iyengar in the ‘60s; his expertise in the intersection between yoga and physical medicine/pain management dovetails perfectly with Dr Villanova’s practice addressing pain and the central nervous system changes it produces
- COVID 19: prevention, all acute presentations, convalescence & protracted (more below)
- Pain Issues: headache/migraine, back pain, joint pain, peripheral neuropathy
- Complex Neurological Issues: MS, ALS, essential tremor, post-stroke, paralysis
- Internal Medicine Issues: hypertension, diabetes, autoimmune, IBS, inflammatory
- Emotional issues: insomnia, anxiety, depression, PTSD, bipolar disorders
- Gynecological Issues: menopausal symptoms, painful periods, infertility
- Allergy Desensitization: one & you’re done! asthma, nasal allergies, eczema, eosinophilic esophagitis and more
- even options for aesthetic treatments
- New Service: Fresh Perspective – comprehensive consultation/ medical opinion combining western and eastern medical perspectives to help guide those facing complex health decisions
Chinese Herbal Medicine & Tele-acupuncture for COVID
Physician-managed Telemedical Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine. Sound impossible? Its not!
There are Chinese medical strategies to address and combat COVID19 viral infection, which can range from a mild nuisance to a terminal illness.
Dr. Villanova is currently providing Telemedical Acupuncture: comprehensive phone or video consultations and herbal formula prescriptions
Over 2000 years of empiric (observational) research informs the pattern-recognition basis of Chinese Medical diagnosis. Chinese Medicine recognizes the COVID-induced pathophysiology, “Epidemic Heat Illness”, and offers both herbal and acupuncture options for managing all phases of this illness: prevention, the various acute presentations, and convalescence. Our goal is to make you feel more comfortable, and to minimize lung scarring should this virus take hold.
John K Chen PhD, the author of the definitive Chinese herbal textbook in English, graciously correlated 3 published, comprehensive recommendations for the acupuncture & Chinese herbal medical management of the various stages of COVID infection. These protocols were published by Wuhan Hospital, as well as by the Hubei Provincial and Chinese National governments.
Now, with telemedicine, Dr Villanova can help manage this or any other condition managed by physicians. Using a combination of your medical history and tongue diagnosis, she will prescribe herbs and demonstrate acupuncture points for you use at home. Depending upon your circumstances, press needles, regular needles, laser, moxabustion, or seeds can be sent your home, along with detailed instructions on how, when and where to treat your own acupuncture points at home.
A board Certified Family Physician for over twenty-five years, Dr Villanova has been certified to practice Acupuncture for 20 years, and certified in Chinese Herbal Medicine for over 10. She served as the Physician Advisor to the North Carolina Acupuncture Licensing Board until 2017. Her practice combines Western (Allopathic) Medicine with the traditional medical systems of China and India. She also includes some Western therapies in her practice, such as Trigger Point Therapy for muscular pain and Homeopathic treatments for sinus conditions